Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness
400 E. Gray Street
Louisville, KY 40206
Student Experiences Team
LMPHW provides a great opportunity for a student majoring in any of the communications disciplines to experience various aspects of marketing, communications and public relations related projects. The intern will work closely with the Director of Communications and her team to meet the communications needs of the health department.
• Write integrated strategic communications plans.
• Write press releases, talking points, FAQs, op-eds, articles for trade publications, articles for employhee newsletter.
• Write and produce content for website, social media platforms.
• Assist with building and measuring social media engagement.
• Assist with creating new promotional materials such as brochures, fact sheets, fliers.
• Provide basic photography as needed for website, social media, presentations, publications.
• Create presentations.
• Assist with special events.
• Conduct basic research.
• Update media and partner distributions lists.
• Student at an accredited college or university pursing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Health Communications, or a closely related field. • Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills • Strong knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms • Ability to work well independently, and within a team • Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Excel and PowerPoint • Basic photography skills. • Graphic design experience is a plus!
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org